It’s been a big few weeks for Tristan. Mommy and Daddy are now married, which means that mommy now has to get used to a new last name, and a ring on her finger. Tristan decided to celebrate his legitimizing by learning some new skills. Here they are, in no particular order, with the exception of the first one, which is the most important, and the last one, which is only a maybe, but the three in the middle are definitely random.
Friday Fives: New skills
- Sleeping through the night! It’s not every night, but it’s more than half, and granted, he now wakes up at 5:00 instead of 6:30, but we’re working on that. Let’s hear it for 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for Mommy! Hooray!
- Stacking things. So far he can put all his coloured rings back on the post in about 30 seconds flat. He’s also close to stacking blocks, but his desire for increasing entropy is still greater than the desire to build. Check him out – Stackin’ rings
- Tooth number 4. That’s right, top lefty just popped in. Now he has a full set, all the better to bite you with, my dear. *Gulp!*
- Passing things. He’s an expert at handing me blocks, books, diapers, cloths, anything and everything. Except fruit. Once he’s got that in his hands, it’s his to keep and devour.
- Clapping. Okay, he’s only done it once, but it was very deliberate and done with great concentration. I’m sure it won’t be long before it’s a regular thing.