1. Blowing bubbles! When Gramma and Grampa were here last week, they bought a few different types of bubbles, and Tristan has been absolutely loving them. We go out almost every day to blow bubbles in the lawn.
2. Bubble baths! Do we sense a theme here? Tristan is again not loving bath time, but as long as we have a few bubbles in the bath everything is okay. He even said the word bubble once, while getting into the bath. At least, I’m pretty sure he did.
3. Petal confetti. With all the ornamental trees around, the gale-force winds and hot sun have created massive pink petal snowdrifts around our complex. Today Tristan discovered how much fun it is to toss them in the air and let them sprinkle down onto his head. And into his ears, down his diaper, between his toes…
4. Getting into stuff. Literally, climbing into and out of things. The laundry basket, the upside-down stool, the bouncy toy (which he hasn’t played in since he was about 8 months old), little cars at the playground, and of course any box he can fit at least one foot into.
5. Hiking! A few weekends ago we got again with the baby backpack, and Tristan loved it. He could run around when he felt like it, and hop in for an easy ride when he got tired. At one point he conked right out, looking mighty uncomfortable.